Although this blog has not been updated recently, many things have ocurred. Perhaps that’s why the blog has been neglected. Hmmm…maybe so.
Here’s a recap:
1. I got a job. Albeit temporary. It is still a job. I work for a personnel service in their office. I’m a Human Resources Assistant. I do not know how long this job will last. Could be a month. Could be until December. The wonderful thing is I can quit with a two day notice if another, more stable job comes up.
2. I am still pursuing work at the local college. I just applied for another job the other day for the media department of the athletic program. I am truly contending for that specific job in prayer. It’s something I’m qualified for and something that excites me.
3. I bought a Trikke. It’s a three-wheeled, human-powered, fun, fitness machine. It’s comprable to a scooter/roller blades/bike/skiiing. It’s rather hard to explain. Here’s a link to a website where you can buy the Trikke if you are interested. I am a Trikke affiliate. If you order the Trikke from this site, be sure to use the Promotional Code 595. It should already be loaded with that code, but if not, make sure it is. Here’s the link: http://www.trikketampastore.com/595.html. In the near future, I’ll post a video and/or pictures of me riding the Trikke on my YouTube and this blog. But before I document me on my new ride, I must become more skilled at riding the Trikke. It’s relatively easy to learn how to ride, but it still takes time to perfect my technique.
4. My church satellite congregation is almost ready to launch into Sunday mornings. Since April, we’ve been having church in the afternoon in another church’s building because we’re in the launching stage. But, in October, we will be ready to start meeting on Sunday mornings. It’s very exciting. I’ve never taken part in a church plant before. It’s thrilling, yet challenging stuff. In October, we will meet in a movie theater because it’s a feasible option for this time. I’ve also never gone to church in a movie theater.
5. I’ve been singing background vocals on the worship team since April. Very soon, I’ll be trained in how to lead worship at Life Group (a small group Bible study). After that, I’ll be trained further in leading worship on Sundays. Exciting stuff in the realm of worship!
6. BarlowGirl’s brand new CD Home For Christmas comes out September 23rd. If/when you see it in stores, you should definitely buy it. Why? Because the CD is awesome and so is BarlowGirl. But also because I am singing on the CD. I am in the choir that sang on the CD. So whenever you hear the choir, then you’re also hearing me. It was such a pleasure and such a dream and desire come true to not only be able to sing on a CD but a BarlowGirl CD! Woot!
7. I also sang on a live worship recording for my church. It’s called The Alabaster Heart Project. You can find information about ordering the CD at http://www.new-song.com. I’m also in the choir on that CD.
I think that’s about it for now. As I said, a lot has happened. Hopefully I won’t be as delayed with my next posting.